The Korean word for rooster is 닭 (dalg). The rooster has qualities of loyalty, commitment, hard work, family values, and top-notch appearances.
Doogaji aims to practice all of the rooster qualities this year! We are committed to bringing you authentic Korean American stories of Joohee, Taemin, Minji, Soojin and their families. We have been working very hard to create their delightful stories and images. We will be sharing them throughout the year!
Come join us in their wonderful adventures! Sign up with us below!
Year of the Rooster Masks
To celebrate the Year of the Rooster, turn your little ones into roosters with rooster masks! We have created a template that you can download and print. The first page has a mask in color and the second has one that your children can color themselves with crayons or markers!
Become your own rooster!
- Year of the Rooster Mask (pdf)
- Print out on 8.5”x11” paper and cut out the parts with scissors.
- Cut the four lines and eyes on the mask with a craft knife.
- TO make the string holes stronger, wrap a piece of clear tape around the mask’s edge conering the hole on both sides of the paper, then cut the hole with the craft knife.
- Fold the beak in half. Place its tabs into the beak slits, folding them over so it stays.
- Place the comb through the first slit from behind the mask, then pass it through the second as well.
- Affix the comb and beak with a small piece of tape on the inside of the mask.
- Tie a small piece of string through both string holes, then tie the mask around your child’s head with a knot at the back. Each piece of string should be at least 12 inches long so you have plenty of string to make the knots easily.
- Parents, to make a larger version of the masks for you, select a custom scale of about 115% in your computer’s print dialog when you print.