All habits start when children are young, and as parents, we lead by example.
It’s worth it to use Earth Day to reaffirm good habits and start new ones. Here are just a few easy ideas that can quickly become a part of your - and your kids - daily routine:
- Drive less each day
- Reduce, reuse, recycle
- When you leave a room, turn the lights off
- Use energy efficient light bulbs throughout your home
- Plant a tree in your community
- Choose non-toxic cleaning products
- Conserve water
- Drink water from reusable bottles
- Bring reusable bags to the store
We can always be better to the planet. What’s important is that we lead the way, showing our kids how it is done, because their future depends on it.